This component enables Maxflow to trigger Zapier to do an action, or let Zapier trigger a Maxflow workflow. Zapier is a great supplement to Maxflow in that it has many free triggers and actions that are not available in Maxflow.
There are two Maxflow components to communicate with Zapier:
- Zapier Receiver receives a trigger from Zapier and start a workflow in Maxflow.
- Zapier Sender send a trigger to Zapier to trigger other actions in Zapier.
This guide assumes that you already have an account at Zapier. If not, you can create one now. It is free.
- Create an Zapier workflow with a Webhooks trigger. To get to the following screen in Zapier, Click Make a Zap! at the top of the page
- Select the appropriate app from the Choose a Trigger App page. For this case, we chose Webhooks By Zapier.
- Choose Trigger Event: Catch Hook (Wait for POST, PUT or GET to Zapier URL)
- Click to Continue
- Click to Test & Continue. Following:
On Request Tab in Zapier Sender component Paste Zapier Webhook URL on URL Request Tab and Enter Field and data example to test, You can see the picture on right screen.
See the right picture. To execute this component. Enter your URL which you created as guide.Define Inputs of component which will trigger to Zapier.
Zapier Receiver components is used for interacting between Zapier and Maxflow application
- Select Webhooks from the Choose a Trigger App page. It’s in the Built-in Apps section.
- On the Action page, click POST. Note that Stitch Incoming Webhooks only accepts POST requests at this time - if anything else is selected, the integration won’t work.
- In the URL field, paste the URL is generated by Zapier Receiver component webhook URL.
- In the Payload Type field, select JSON from the drop-down menu. Note that Stitch Incoming Webhooks only accepts data in JSON format at this time - if anything else is selected, the integration won’t work.
- If you choose to, you can define data in the Data section. Note that this section is optional; if left blank then the raw data from the previous step (from the app you chose) will be used instead:
- Wrap Request In Array (optional) choose: "No" selection
- When you’re finished defining the other options for the template, click Continue.
- If you’d like to test the setup so far, do so now.
- If you want to add more steps, click the Add a step button. Otherwise, if you’re finished, click Finish.
- If your testing was successful and you’re happy with your setup, toggle the Zap to On to get the data flowing.
To execute this component. Create new Output button, enter the fields in body of Webhook action which you take output component.